|Heres a type of bread you can make for your pet bird! The bread turns out a bit firmer, and heavier than human bread, but your bird is sure to love it.|
| ||2 C||Yellow cornmeal|
| ||1 C||Whole wheat flout|
| ||1 C||Currants or Raisins|
| ||1 C||Finely chopped nuts|
| ||1 C||Shelled sunflower seeds|
| ||1||Can solid packed pumpkin (about 30 ounces)|
| ||1||Bottle of papaya nectar (about 32 ounces)|
| ||1/3 C||Vegetable oil|
| ||1 t||Ground cinnamon|
| ||1 T||Baking powder|
|1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn meal, what flour, currants or raisins, nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir everything well until consistently and completely combined.
2. Add the pumpkin, nectar, and vegetable oil to the dry mixture. Then use an electric mixer to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients together. The electric mixer will also help mince some of the larger ingredients, raisins, nuts, and seeds, into smaller pieces. Beat everything together until all the ingredients are completely incorporated, and the mixture is somewhat smooth, with small lumps.
3. Begin adding a bit of water to the mixture, and stirring it in completely. Add just enough water to get a mixture the consistency of pour able pancake batter.
4. Prepare 2 loaf pans by greasing them with margarine, oil, or non-stick cooking spray. Then pour the batter evenly into the two pans.
5. Place the pans into the preheated oven. Bake for about 30 or until the bread is golden and firm. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
6. When the bread is done cooking, remove it form the oven and allow it to cool completely. Once cool, you may slice the bread, or crumble it into an appropriate serving size. Any excess bread can be frozen.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215