For Outstanding Vision in Fields Related to Veterinary Sciences, Animal Science, or Biology
To celebrate the start of our 20th year, Simply Pets is offering a merit-based $1,000. scholarship to a student of animal sciences or biology who demonstrates an outstanding vision for innovation in the field. There is a wide range of degree programs in these fields including, but not limited to:
- agricultural management
- animal behavior
- animal biology
- animal science
- animal shelter management
- conservation biology
- dairy science
- environmental science
- exotic animal training and management
- farm management
- fisheries and aquatic science
- marine biology
- pre-veterinary medicine
- doctor of veterinary medicine
- veterinary technology
- wildlife photography
How to Apply for the Simply Pets
At Simply Pets, we are proud to assist your education in any field related to animals and pets. To be eligible for the scholarship, we ask that you write and submit a 300-400 word essay explaining why you want to be considered for this scholarship. In addition, please follow these instructions:
- Submit your application and essay before the June 30, 2018 deadline for the Fall Scholarship.
- The winner of the Simply Pets Scholarship will be announced on August 1, 2018.
- Be concise, and highlight your recent personal achievements in the essay, as well as your vision for innovation in the field.
- All information must be 100% accurate.
- Please request 2 letters of recommendation from your recent professors, teachers, employers in a related field, or heads of local animal associations you are a member of, emailed directly from the recommender to us at: [Simply Pets Contact Email].
- Optional: Simply Pets will also consider any photos, videos or other documents you submit to support your essay, but these are not required to win the scholarship.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 currently enrolled, or from previous educational institution and planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2018.
Simply Pets Scholarship Application Form
General Requirements for Applicants for the Simply Pets 2018 Scholarship
All winners will need to provide proof of meeting the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old (at the time of disbursement)
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be enrolled in an academic program in a field related to veterinary sciences, animal science, or biology
How are the Essays Judged?
The essays will be judged by the current editor of Simply Pets with final decisions based such metrics as grammar, enthusiasm, drive, creative writing, and personal achievements or vision related to the field.
We take the privacy of our scholarship applicants very seriously. Any information submitted is for the sole purpose of deciding the scholarship winner. However, once you submit the application, the chosen scholarship winner gives Simply Pets permission to use and display your essay, photograph or other materials for promotional and marketing purposes.